Have you ever archived messages on Facebook either knowingly or unknowingly and didn’t know how to retrieve it? It may have occurred when you wanted to delete a message or mark it as spam. The good news is you can see the archived message using a very simple and concise step.
Before we dive into the steps on how to see the archived messages, we must have signed up to Facebook. Another important factor is that you will have a Facebook messenger and of course you must have friends.
To show you the archived messages on Facebook, I will briefly show you how to archive messages on Facebook. The steps below show how to archive messages on Facebook:
- Open the Facebook Messenger App. Facebook Messenger is a blue speech bubble icon with a white lightning bolt in it.
- Tap Home. It appears at the bottom left corner of the application and looks like a house.
- Press and hold on a conversation until a pop-up menu appears.
- Tap Archive and the conversation will be moved to the “Archived” folder.
HOW TO SEE ARCHIVED MESSAGES ON FACEBOOK
Haven archived messages on Facebook using the above steps, we can now use the steps below to see them:
- Visit www.facebook.com.
- Log into your account if prompted.
- Go to your Facebook home screen and click the “Messages” option in the Favorite tab to open Messages. Your conversation history and private messages will automatically be displayed in a list format by date.
- Proceed to click “More” at the right side of the Search field and select “Archived” from the drop-down menu. Now, your list of non-archived messages will be switched to archived messages.
- Finally, select any of the archived messages from the list to open and read it.
How to View Archived Messages on Facebook Messenger – Mobile Device
The steps below show how to see archived messages on Facebook messenger:
- Log in to your Facebook messenger account.
- Now, click on Messages at the top of the page.
- Meanwhile, click on See All Messages just below the window.
- Thereafter, tap on View archived messages.
You can reply to archived messages by typing your reply in the “Write a Reply” field below the message and click “Reply’.
Let me know if this tutorial on How to View Archived Messages on Facebook Messenger was helpful?
Thanks for reading and hope it was helpful. Feel free to comment in the comment box and subscribe for more.